At Cascade Endodontics in Orem UT, root canals are not a big deal. We’ve been saying so for years! But the myth persists that they are painful, uncomfortable, and to be avoided. We could not encourage them more, as they are the perfect way to deal with infection and give you a blank slate.
Our team has put together a primer to keep you informed on how simple a root canal can be.
The Steps of a Root Canal
- Numbing: We don’t start until the area is fully numb and your sedation has been administered.
- Accessing and Cleaning the Roots: This is the part that can be a little scary. But it’s nothing to worry about! Once numb, we drill into the area.
- Removing Dead Nerves: We remove any pul or dead nerves we find.
- Disinfecting the Area: We make sure the area is clean and free of bacteria.
- Apply Filling: After we are done, we apply a filling that is indistinguishable from your natural shade.
That’s it! After a few weeks, you should feel no discomfort and should have a healthy tooth structure. At Cascade Endodontics in Orem UT, we specialize in endodontics and are ready to make your stay as pain-free as possible. Contact us today!